Monday, July 13, 2009

Page 110

He was a young editor,
He said: "My angel, I love you so much,
And were you my woman, I would be so happy.
But say, who are those two men?"

"Oh, that," said the girl, "they're just relatives,
The lieutenant above there, that's my cousin,
A good man, but a cretin,
And the fat one, he's my aunt's husband,
A sugar daddy, rich and really quite old
And shaky. - Hopefully he dies soon!" -

Then the suitor clapped his hands together:
"You seem to come out of a good family,
A banker and a lieutenant - how sad! I hate
the members of this favored class!
I, however, will love you just out of pure love,
And if you're a good girl,
You'll be mine today!"

With that, the pictures cried: "That bastard!"

And the lieutenant yelled: "Sir Banker,
I think he's a social democrat!" -

And the fat banker spoke:
"Sir Lieutenant, it seems to me
That this devil is a dirty fiend!"

"Yeah," said the lieutenant, "it's him we should be fighting!"

"Indeed," said the fat banker, "with pleasure!
And if I appear shaky to you from the back, well then, -

No comments: